Contributors

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Last Night

I was appalled at last night's debate and it further proves my point that we may not deserve someone like Barack Obama. One would think that that the first 45 minutes would cover important issues like the economy, Iraq, health care, and education. The four topics discussed?

-whether or not Obama is an elitist vis a vis his comments in San Francisco
-Reverend Wright
-William Ayers
-Flag pins.

If these are the issues that people want to focus on, our country is doomed. There is no other way to put it. I am hoping that voters in 2008 are smarter than that.

We'll see.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that Charles Gibson and George Stephanopolis should be ashamed of themselves. People don't want to hear about this crap anymore.

Anonymous said...

A rare issue where you and I will agree, Mark. Well, as far as the flag pins go, anyway.

Anonymous said...

Well, the ol Messiah finally got his ass handed to him. It's about time. The media has been coddling him from day one and it was nice to see them kick him in the nuts a few times.

Anonymous said...

Hey, markadelphia. I checked out that electoral vote site. Really cool. Love all the polls. Check out what he wrote today..

"All in all, it was a pretty useless and uninformative debate. The moderators should be ashamed of themselves. They could have grilled the candidates on what they are going to do to bring jobs to small towns or what their exit plan for Iraq is."

I couldn't have said it better myself. The media and most politicians are always far behind the people. I think they are going to be quite shocked to find out what people really care about this year.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if I could accuse anybody of playing the victim or "whining" (the latest buzz word on this blog). It would be so easy here but I won't bother because I watched most of the debate and it's quite obvious to me that George and Charlie are Hillary supporters.

Anonymous said...

In 28 debates over 13 months, Senators Clinton and Obama haven't shown me any difference in their positions on the economy, Iraq, health care, or education.

Therefore, they've left me no choice but to determine my preference based on the candidates' characters, as revealed to me by their own words and deeds.