Contributors

Monday, January 14, 2013

I Guess I Am Ignorant


Huh. I had no idea that the ATF can't require gun dealers to conduct an inventory to account for lost or stolen guns. Or that there were  bills that refuse to put mentally disturbed individuals on do not buy lists. Or that there are laws exempting gun makers from any kind of accountability for their product.

I guess I am ignorant.

But the best line?

Their paranoid fear of a possible dystopic future prevents us from addressing our actual dystopic present. 

To me, this is the crux of the problem and once we deal with this, everything else will come more easily. I also think it's important to note his reaction after the series of clips that end with Alex Jones's rant on Piers Morgan. That's how the majority of the people in this country react when confronted with "in the bubble" thinking.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Markadelphia using a comedian as a source for "information."

Says a lot…

So, Mark… Where are your three unbiased sources?

Juris Imprudent said...

I don't suppose you've gone back and addresses the defects in your earlier arguments? No, of course not - you are too busy moving onto the next flitting thought.

Mark Ward said...

To be honest, juris, I've grown quite bored with most of the exchanges I have on here with you, NMN, GD, and Larry. Some of the last few with Hap are somewhat interesting, though. Overall, I'm of the mind that something new has to happen with comments. It's the same people that always post yet I have more readers now than ever before. I'd really like to see some new commenters that aren't all on the 1 yard line on the right side of the field.

In fact, I got twice the number of page loads I normally get (500!) on both of the "Good News" posts that I put up. A sign, perhaps? Regardless, I'll always put up political posts because I do enjoy writing them but my commenting fuels the very paranoia that I'd like to see retired permanently. It's almost as if I am helping to keep alive and/or validate a very small (ahem) minority of people whose warped vision will never be mainstream nor should it.

I mean, really, all I have to do is be patient if you think about it and all of this will work itself out:)

Larry said...

You just keep telling yourself that, Mark.

Why not a half-assed self-advertised "fake news" comedian for expert commentary? It fits the general theme of this place. Ever consider that maybe people are coming here to laugh at you, Mark, not because they're in deep agreement with the proprietor of Deep Blue Planet Smurfadelphia?

Juris Imprudent said...

Of course you are bored, we won't play along with your childishness.

You want un-constitutional govt. Got it. Is there really anything more to discuss?

I know I'm not in the mainstream, the irony is that you aren't but think you are. [Or, to be fair, you are in the mainstream to the extent that the mainstream is stupid and irrational - in which case you are just as mainstream as FoxNews and Limbaugh's listeners.]

Anonymous said...

I think I just figured out why Mark ran away.

Even Harry Reid realized that trampling our rights is a non-starter.

Anonymous said...

I've grown quite bored with most of the exchanges I have on here

Perhaps if you opted to engage in open and honest conversation, said exchanges may become more fruitful.